I do research in Human Computer Interaction–specifically in Affective Computing, Learning Technologies and the emerging field of Positive Computing. The application areas I focus on most often are education and physical and mental health.
Currently, we are developing digital learning and collaborative applications that use machine learning algorithms to improve the user experience or produce innovative functionalities.
- Text mining functionalities to support collaborative learning
- Writing support and feedback tools
- Affective computing
- positive computing, bio-sensors,
- Computer supported collaborative work and learning
- Physiological (EEG/EKG/EMG) signal processing using machine learning algorithms
- We are part of the Sciences and Technologies research network at the University of Sydney.